Our iRead display is now interactive!! By downloading the Aurasma app to your device, create a free account & sign in, follow our WCPS channel. Then by scanning parts of the display you will see and hear our learners read, review, talk about their favourite books…..
Our topic this term in Year 6 has been “Around the World in 30 Days”. This week we finally completed our country studies, and on Friday presented them to the rest of the class. We used peer critique to give each other feedback on our presentations. Year 6, you are now experts on LOTS of countries around the world! I am so impressed by the hard work you put into this, especially those of you who did extra work at home! Well done.
1. What is happening in this scene?
2. Why is the woman there and how does she feel?
3. Is the man a prince? How do you know?
4. Is the man brave? Has he fought other creatures before, and what makes you think that?
5. What do you think is going to happen next?
6. Write a description of either the man OR the serpent. Use powerful and precise words and phrases.
1. This picture is called “Spectra of Valhalla”. What is a spectre? Use a tool to find out!
2. What do you think is happening in the picture?
3. Why are the warriors walking through the water? Why do they look like skeletons?
4. Are the warriors Vikings? Give a reason for your answer.
5. Can you find out what or where Valhalla is?
6. Write a short description of the scene. Try to use a simile and an example of personification.